Wednesday, April 14, 2010

STEPHEN FURST (mini) INTERVIEW


This was my mini-interview with actor/director Stephen Furst at the 2003 DragonCon convention in Atlanta, GA.


Rusty White: You must be really excited about the release of "Animal House" on DVD.


Stephen Furst: Yeah. It’s a great DVD. It has a lot of extras on it. I watched it and thought it was hysterical.


RW: Not everybody gets to act in what is considered an American classic film.


SF: I know. I feel very fortunate.


RW: Would you share any memories of John Belushi?


SF: He was just a really, really nice person. And a good friend. Just a pleasure to work with.


RW: Were you hurt by being typecast by Flounder.


SF: I was typecast, but it didn’t bother me. And now that I’m a director it doesn’t bother me at all. I began directing about five years ago. I prefer directing to acting.


RW: What are you working on now?


SF: I just finished a film called "Dragon Storm" starring John-Rhys Davies from "Lord of the Rings." It will be on the Sci-Fi channel early in 2004.


RW: Do you write and direct?


SF: My first picture I wrote myself. I’m not a writer. I prefer to take better writers than myself and do their work.


RW: Thank you very much.


SF: Thank you.

No comments: