Tuesday, July 1, 2008

British producer Edward Joseph

I hate to say it, but I received this e-mail over a year ago. I can't find the name of the person who sent it to me. (Sorry whoever you are!) I dug around to find some confirmation by alas, no luck. You guys seem to be doing great finding the information that eludes me so here's another one.

Edward Joseph
, British film producer, dies aged 88

It is reported on the IMdB that Edward Joseph died on April 16th 2006. He began working for Mayflower Pictures as an assistant director on Hitchcock's Jamaica Inn and later worked on films by Ralph Thomas and Val Guest's The Body Said No (1950) and had a stint as a location manager for The African Queen (1951) and The Man Who Watched the Trains Go By (1953) before becoming a production manager in the 1950s on No Vultures Fly (1951), The Prince and the Showgirl (1957), Carve Her Name with Pride (1958), Sink the Bismarck (1960), Sons and Lovers (1961) and Cleopatra (1963) before becoming an associate producer for Poor Cow (1967), Far From the Madding Crowd (1967), Sunday Bloody Sunday (1971) and Yanks (1979).


(Just a note to explain why I don't rely on IMDB alone for confirmation that someone has died. I've had the unfortunate experience to be contacted by two people who were still alive asking me to remove an obit from EInsiders. I was happy they were still alive, and very happy that I had written flattering tributes to the two people, but it was an embarrassing situation to know that I had screwed up on such a sensitive matter.)

No comments: