Wednesday, June 30, 2010

R.I.P. Barbara Yomtob

Who? For a number of years I was a regular on the Voy Forum Celebrity Obit Board. It was not only a great source of info for the column I wrote when I was at EInsiders, it was a cyber-family. A small group of individuals who were there for me with support and prayers when Christy was injured.

I left the Voy board on Thanksgiving 2008. After a particularly nasty and anonymous attack on my beliefs and family (from someone who obviously knew me) I decided that I would chuck it all in. It was hard, even though I have remained in contact with a number of people on the board.

The board was managed with more patience than I could ever muster by a wonderful woman named Barbara Yomtob. I hate that my final contact with Barbara was an angry one. As she had access to the IP addresses of the posters, I e-mailed her to find out who had posted the attack. She refused (which she should have done: privacy issues). I said fine. Take my photo off the gallery, and I never looked back. I regret that now. Barbara died a few days ago after suffering a stroke last year.

3 comments:

Loren Coleman said...

I lost you but Barbara's death has made me relocate you. Thank you for this tribute, so I could find you and bookmark this blog of yours.

Hope all is well with Christy and the family.

Buckeye said...

Nice to hear from you Rusty, I like your tribute and hope all is well with you and yours. Stop by the Obits forum once in a while please.

Anonymous said...

I FOUND YOU!!! I miss your post over at E and wondered what happened to you! Please bring me up to date with your daughter and the last you wrote on E you were in the middle of a murder case and I want to know how that turned out.
Good to know you are still writing and I will save this in my favorites.